>> Accessibility Statement
This website is run by Hawarden Community Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
- the website won’t resize on different devices
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example, please use the details on our contact us page. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the clerk.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.
2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Clerk, Sharron G. Jones
Post: Hawarden Community Council, Council Offices, 113 The Highway, Hawarden
In Person: Monday to Thursday 08:30-12:30 and 13:00 - 16:30 then Friday 08:30 -12:30 and 13:00-16:00
Call: 01244 533692
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Hawarden Community Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non- compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
This website fails on all 4 Principles:
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
The Council is in the process of commissioning a new website where any outstanding accessibility issues will be addressed.
How we tested this website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement. The tests were carried out by Vision ICT Ltd.
This statement was prepared September 2020.